2022-2023 Busing Information
Requests for or changes to transportation for eligible students for the first day of school on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 must be received by our office no later than Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
Due to the extremely high volume of requests received between the end of August and mid-September every year, we will once again be operating on a modified schedule for processing eligible requests:
- Requests received and approved by Tuesday, August 30, 2022 will be effective for Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Requests received and approved between Wednesday, August 31, 2022 and Thursday, September 8, 2022 will be effective for Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Requests received and approved between Friday, September 9, 2022 and Thursday, September 15, 2022 will be effective for Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- We will return to our regular 3 school day turnaround for approved requests starting Friday, September 16, 2022
Requests can be submitted for schools closed during the summer break by calling Student Transportation Services of Thunder Bay. Once schools reopen, requests for Lakehead Public Elementary schools, all Thunder Bay Catholic schools and all Conseil Scolaire de District Catholique des Aurores Boréales Thunder Bay schools must be made by contacting the school office. Lakehead Public Secondary School requests can be made by calling Student Transportation Services of Thunder Bay any time.
Please note when accessing the Parent Portal site:
- Ministry of Education issued 9 digit OEN is different than the school board issued 9 digit Student ID Number. Only the OEN will work for accessing transportation details.
- Once you have viewed one child's busing information, you must click the 'LOGOUT' button in order to clear the cache before you look up another student.
- Students entering JK next year have not yet been assigned an OEN. Letters with the busing information for these students are being sent to the schools for distribution.